You can follow below steps to start and stop mysql services from windows and Linux server.
- First login to Windows server.
- Navigate to Start >> Administrative Tools >> Services
- Now search and select MySQL service.
- Here first you have to check MySQL service is running or not and for that you can see the three options on right hand side Stop, Pause and Restart. If MySQL is running then you will find these options to manage it.
- If you will find MySQL service is stopped then, you can see only Start option on right hand side.